The Northwest Carbondale Neighborhood Association is sponsoring a logo design contest, open only to individuals. The logo should foster a feeling of community and promote Carbondale’s Northwest neighborhoods. Official rules are included below, or you can click here to download a copy of the rules in pdf format. The Grand Prize is two round trip bus tickets to Chicago, courtesy of BusDog.com’s “Bus to Chicago.” Entries must be submitted by 15 October 2012 with the prize winner announced at the Neighborhood’s Fall Social on 20 October 2012 at Oakdale Park. Be creative! Think about neighborhood! Enter to win!
Northwest Carbondale Neighborhood Association
Introduction. This document describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the Northwest Carbondale Neighborhood Association Logo Design Contest (the “Contest”). The object of this contest is to design a logo for the Northwest Carbondale Neighborhood Association (NCNA), a newly formed organization in Carbondale, IL designed to promote Carbondale’s Northwest neighborhoods. Information on how to enter and about the prize is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
Definitions. “Entry” means a logo design created by the Entrant for this contest.
“Entrant” means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of this Contest.
Eligibility. (1) The Contest is open only to individuals. The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc., or to groups associated with such institutions. (2) Entrants must be of sufficient legal age and standing to enter into a contract with NCNA as required below.
How to Enter.
(1) Initial entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS format, and also as a JPG. See the Submission Guidelines below for further information.
(2) The email must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
(3) There is no limitation on the number of Entries per Entrant.
(4) Entries must conform with the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
(5) The deadline for Entries is noon on 15 October 2012, Central Daylight Time.
(6) We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
(7) There is no fee to enter the Contest.
Submission Guidelines. The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Northwest Carbondale Neighborhood Association. The logo will be used online, in print, and on printed material used by the Association. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
Entrants should take care to ensure that their Entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images.
The logo need not contain the words “Northwest Carbondale Neighborhood Association” but should create a “feeling” of a neighborhood.
JPGS 1000s Pixels Square of the logo is requested so that entries can be easily transferred between common web and Microsoft programs. Please send the images individually and note clearly in your emails that you are doing so.
Prize. Subject to the legal requirements outlined above, the winning design will be announced 20 October 2012. The winning designer will receive:
- 2 round trip bus tickets to Chicago, Illinois courtesy of BusDog.com’s “Bus to Chicago.”
- Recognition and a reciprocal link on the NCNA website.
- The right to use the basic logo and identify him/herself as the logo designer.
Judging and Selection of Winner.
(1) The Board of Directors of NCNA will select the winning design with the assistance of a professional Graphic Designer, currently employed by “Attitude Designs” in Carbondale, IL. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
(2) NCNA reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
(3) NCNA reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
(4) The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to the NCNA.
(5) Accepting the prize constitutes permission for NCNA to make public and otherwise use winner’s name, and country of residence, for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
Intellectual Property. (1) All submitted work must be original and not based on any preexisting design. (2) All Entries will become the sole property of NCNA and may be displayed publicly on the NCNA website and in various publications.
Acceptance. Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and NCNA in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and NCNA and relating to the Contest.
About NCNA For more information about NCNA’s history and mission, check the links at the top of this page.